Thursday, February 11, 2010

Boy A

Having piqued my curiosity by his supporting role in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, I decided to head over to IMDb to see what other film credits young, handsome Andrew Garfield had under his belt. The trailer for Boy A caught my attention as I recall seeing it somewhere before (although it escapes me at the moment). This late 2007 television feature was awarded 10 wins and 8 nominations, including Best Actor by BAFTA Television for Garfield's turn as an ex-con recently released after serving his sentence for a murder committed as a child.

Like The Lovely Bones, the trailer lets us know this isn't a whodunnit, but rather focuses on young Jack Burridge (Garfield) as he attempts to reorient himself in society under a new identity and the relationships that follow. The film's tagline appropriately begs the question, "Who Decides Who Gets A Second Chance?"

Now, I could go on and give you a synopsis of the major plot points as I initially began to write, but honestly, everyone does that and you're quite capable of having a look at the trailer below. Let me just say that this film warrants a viewing from any self-respecting fan of cinema or story, not just because it's a great example of a well-executed script and screenplay, but the performances
- the score - the cinematography - and most importantly the story - all make this one unforgettable film about second chances and the choices we make on a daily basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment. Query. Story.